Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Getting sick and how it inhibits creativity...

There is nothing fun at all about being sick.  I am runny, dripping, congested, hacking, feverish, but most importantly- 
I am not being creative.  

This is the most frustrating part of being sick.  To be honest, when the doctor said to drink plenty of fluids and rest for a few days, I was secretly ecstatic, imagining all I could accomplish on my down time.  What a huge disappointment.  I spent two days in bed, ignoring everything: appointments, meetings, phone calls and people.  

Then I woke up this morning at 3 a.m. under the false impression that I felt better.  After waking up everyone in the house to let them know I was on my way to a full recovery, I proceeded to eat and enjoy food for the first time in what felt like a week.  

Around 4 a.m. I discovered I was thirsty.  After all, I had originally intended to follow the doctor's orders and drink plenty of fluids, but it's really hard to do that when you are basically in a coma.  So I drank a bottle of Sprite and a cup of water.

At 5 a.m. the news came on and I started watching it, pretending like my head was not starting to ache again.  I also ignored the sneezing fit that had taken hold shortly after finishing off the last of the water.  These are not signs of recovery.

Around 6 or 7 a.m. I watched Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.  The original movie.  If anything could cure me, surely a great dose of nostalgia could do it.  

At 9 a.m. I gave back up and went to bed, coughing, sneezing, running and aching, just like they show in the commercial.  Only, I had antibiotics and Robitussin. 

So, now it is 4 p.m. and I am awake again.  But I don't feel better just yet.  And I am not really as coherent as I would like.  In fact, blogging under the influence of being sick is probably a recipe for disaster.  

Despite everything that comes along with being sick, I am most upset that I am not able to use any of this down time to create anything.

With that being said, I think it is time to crawl back into the recliner and enjoy the House marathon they are showing on CLOO.  A blanket and cup of hot tea is also in order.  

In case anyone is curious about the photo above, it is one I took using a simple point and shoot camera ages ago.  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment